John Barrows: Are You a Sales – Artist, Scientist or Dinosaur?
John Barrows has more than 20 years of front-line experience, a sales training client list that includes Google, Salesforce and Slack and ranked Number 4 on LinkedIn’s list of sales and marketing leaders globally
Before that, he went from making 400 cold calls a week as an inside sales rep to a VP of Sales at his first start up – a business that was later sold to Staples
On this week’s episode of The Extremely Successful Sales Club Podcast, John shares some of that experience with us, in fact – within the first ten minutes of this episode – he shares enough sales gold to drastically improve the results of most sales teams.
He tells us why;
- Salespeople need to focus on becoming “scientists” rather than “artists”
- The art of sales is local, regional and personal – while the science is international
- If you’re not constantly split-testing your approach and using agile selling you’re a dinosaur
- You should make a note of the exact wording of your prospects objections
- Sprinkling phone calls is wasting your time and affecting your momentum
It is an absolute pleasure to welcome onto this show, the author of the Amazon best-selling book – “I Want to be in Sales When I Grow Up” – a book he wrote with his daughter – the wonderful Mr John Barrows
How to contact John Barrows